Vevox is the institutional classroom voting system which provides a whole range of ways to engage your students. We want to make it as easy as possible to access this tool. We have added a link to all Canvas course menus for staff to access this system. This is a staff-only link that will log you in and provide a ‘session room’ titled after your Canvas course so you can start engaging students with Vevox more easily.
This guide shows you the steps to create a Vevox account for a staff member. Students do not need an account in order to interact with a Vevox session. Once created you will be able to use this system both online and use the PowerPoint add-in.
Steps to create an account.
- Login to Canvas
- Go to any Canvas course where you are a tutor
- Click on the Vevox link in the left-hand course menu.
- This will open a new page and login you in to Vevox
- Please not that this link is only available to staff as an easy route to Vevox.
- This also creates a session for the particular module code. This session can be used with any students or outside participants.
- Click on the Start Session button at the top of the page (Fig 1.)
- This will allow information from participants own devices to be collected and displayed to you and your audience
If you want to know more about using Vevox: