Canvas grades is changing! The grades area has been revamped with improved intuitive workflows allowing you to quickly access and mark student work. There are a number of guides available on the Canvas Community pages to help you get started. These changes only affect staff; students workflows are unchanged.
What are the key changes?
New grades sees the introduction of a number of changes, however the key changes are as follows:
- Gradebook Settings and Filters have now moved for easier access.
- Speedgrader can now be accessed via a student cell instead of via the column options
- Grade Post Policies – This change allows you to manage the release of marks and feedback either on an assignment basis, or for the course as a whole
- Filter Gradebook by Groups – Canvas have introduced a really useful feature which allows you to filter the Grades area by group. If there are multiple markers on your course, or you want to distinguish between different sets of students, you can now create groups and then use these to filter the grades area.
- Editing Comments – If after marking student work you need to edit a comment, you can now do this in the grades pop-out panel.
Canvas support are available 24/7 to answer your questions, login to Canvas and click on the help tab to live chat or call canvas.