Welcome to the assessment help section. Here you will find guides to help you submit your coursework online or access feedback.
There are three distinct ways to submit an assignment:
- Using Canvas’s own assignment tool
- Via direct submission to Turnitin
- Dual submission via Canvas – You submit to Canvas, but a copy of your work is sent to Turnitin.
What is Turnitin?
Your tutor may ask you to submit your coursework via the Turnitin Plagiarism detection tool. It allows your work to be uploaded for marking and automatically matched, for similarity with:
- – content on the web
- – e – journals
- – all the other assignments uploaded by the other institutions using the service.
Turnitin produces ‘matching’ reports that indicate where a similarity between different sections of text has been found. These reports are available to your tutor, and in some cases, they may be made available to you. If this is the case you can find more details in the guides provided below.
Please double check that your file has been uploaded. This can be done by returning to the assignment submission point where you submitted your work.
- Coursework Electronic Submission Cover Sheet
- Student Guide – Coursework Submission Guide (Canvas / Turnitin)
- Student Guide – Checking your Assignment Submission
- Student Guide – How to access marks and feedback
- Student – What to do if you can’t submit
- Student Guide – Reading and understanding your Turnitin originality report