What is Zoom?
Zoom is an easy-to-use video conferencing tool that allows you to participate in lectures and seminars, and is fully integrated with your course for an accessible experience.
Zoom lectures or seminars will be scheduled in your Canvas course, and you can join simply via the Zoom section of your Canvas course. Lecturers can record these sessions so you can access them at a later date.
Zoom offers a high quality video, audio, and wireless screen-sharing experience across multiple devices and operating systems, allowing you to focus on your subject and not the technology.
- Student Guide to Zoom
- Accessing Zoom from your Canvas Course
- Accessing Zoom from your Canvas Calendar
- I have already used my LJMU email address for a personal Zoom account?
- I’m having difficulties accessing my Zoom session
- How to access a recorded Zoom session in Canvas
- Profile Picture Settings
- How to update Zoom app
Help and Support
Request help with Library or IT queries. Live chat is available.
You can also view the excellent guides available at the Zoom Support pages: support.zoom.us.
Top resources from Zoom
- Testing computer or device audio
- Top 20 Most Commonly Used Support Resources
- How-To Videos
- Daily Live Trainings
- FAQS for Users and Participants
- 5 Things to Know about the New Zoom 5.0
- Zoom Download Center
Accessing Zoom for the First Time in Canvas
If you are accessing Zoom for the first time within your Canvas Course, you will need to authorise the app. You'll see this window, click Authorise to confirm.