The Off Campus Applications Service allows off campus access to a wide range of applications on the LJMU network such as:
- Your M drive (Personal File Store) and staff shared network drives
- A range of Subject Software and Corporate Applications through the JMU App Player
- Outlook 2013 for access to your LJMU e-mail account
- Office 2013 including Visio and Project 2013
- FollowYou printing - print from Off Campus and collect your printouts from any of the 100's of brand new Xerox printers around the University.
To access the Off Campus Applications Service you need:
- A PC or Mac connected to the internet with a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox or mobile device which has the Citrix Receiver App available in the App Store.
- A piece of software called the Citrix Receiver– if this is not already installed you are prompted to download and install a suitable version the first time you access the service (from a computer, if accessing from a mobile device you will need to download the app first)
- If you have not used the service before, we recommend that you use Internet Explorer if you are on a PC, as it is then very straightforward to download and install the correct version of Citrix