When scheduling a meeting, the host can designate another Licensed user on the same account to be the alternative host. The alternative host can start the meeting on the host's behalf. This user will receive an email notifying them that they've been added as an alternative host, with a link to start the meeting.
- Learn about alternative host permissions and other roles in a meeting.
- If a host is attending a meeting but needs assistance with managing the meeting, they can assign a co-host during the meeting.
Designating an alternative host
- Access the Zoom section of your Canvas course
- Schedule a new meeting or edit an existing meeting
- Under the alternative host field, add the email address of the alternative host
- This email must be the email@example.com format of the email address
- The user must be LJMU staff (or PGR TA)
- Click Save
- The alternative host will now receive an email letting them know that they have been added as an alternative host
Designating an Online Teaching Assistant as an alternative host
You will need to ensure that your student teaching assistant has a licensed account. Follow the steps above once confirmed.